Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Increase in Traffic

I have a brief announcement to make: Google has now begun to index each page of this blog, as opposed to mainly the entry page and every once in a while another entry here and there. The result is that people searching for topics which I have covered are being directed to the actual page where that information lives rather than to the first page.

What is more, I am getting a skadload more hits than I was before. Before, I had to struggle to reach 15 hits per day. Now, since Google is doing a better job indexing my content, I am getting, on average, 25 to 30 hits per day. This may seem like small change to some of you big-time bloggers out there, but for me, this is like Christmas (I can say that, since it's December).

What this means for you, dear readers, is not much except that if you want to find a particular entry, it's more likely that searching in Google will actually give you reliable results. Perhaps even more exciting is that you can consider yourselves regular readers of a growing cultural phenomenon that is the Daily Apple. You can say you were here at the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're a spammer, there's no point posting a comment. It will automatically get filtered out or deleted. Comments from real people, however, are always very welcome!